Looking for DIY projects for your kids? Then you must try this fun and rare kid’s book shelf from Better Homes and Gardens in its DIY $1000 Challenge: kid’s bedroom makeover:
[Video] Living Room Ideas: Let Your Kids Love Reading With This Unique DIY Book Shelf
Lovely Book Shelf For You Bookworm Kids
” The more you read, the more things that you know.The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr Seuss
Dr Seuss defines how important reading to kids is. Reading offers learning experiences that go beyond the four corners of a room and having a book shelf in the room will entice them to read. This also implies that the more they are able to explore the world, the more they understand better.
1. Transfer the design of the bookshelf in your plain wood and cut it.
Carefully cut your plain wood into the desired shape or pattern.
2. Cut two identical shapes out form your plain wood.
Shape the other with the first cut so you can have perfectly identical shape.
3. Connect the two with equal length stands. Secure it with screw nails.
Follow the same process as shown above.
4. Remember to secure your work with screw nails.
Secure the shelves with screws.
5. Cover the ground space all over the entire body of your book shelf.
Use the remaining part of the plain wood to cover the body of your book shelf.
6. Attach a stand on the legs of your shelf.
This will allow your bookshelf to stand.
7. Stain it with color that you love.
Time to paint it with the color of your choosing.
See full video tutorial here by Better Homes and Gardens to learn this DIY Book Shelf:
Originally posted on April 21, 2016 @ 8:00 AM
What do you think?