A DIY reading nook is a great strategy to keep your kids safe inside while you’re busy doing the chores. This DIY project will not only keep them busy but it’ll also let them love reading. Let’s learn from an expert Mom Tanya Memme’s DIY Reading Nook in Hallmark Channel.
[Video] Living Room Ideas: DIY Reading Nook Your Kids Will Surely Adore!
Make Your Kids Love Reading With This Playful DIY Project
Reading is one of the essential skills children should learn as they grow up. However, they should not only learn this skill but basically love it. Reading primarily develops children’s language skills and it widens their experience. Thus, this should be an activity full of fun and excitement. Let’s not make it boring for them but instead, let’s make reading playful and fun with this DIY reading nook!
- 6 pieces of 8 ft wood
Preparing The Foundation Of The Nook
1. Mark the holes for your wood.
2. Drill through the holes.
3. Use twine stick and string them all together. 4. Get
4. Get a second pair of hands to help you get the original frame, until the structure stands on its own.
Putting Up The Umbrella Of The Nook
1. Wrap the twine around where the pieces of wood meet. Make sure it’s tight and sturdy enough.
2. Start tying your fabric.
3. Secure your wrapped fabric with tacks.
4. Continue all the way down, until the entire thing is covered.
Here We Go!
This is such a lovely diy project really worth the effort, especially when you see your kids enjoying it!